From a block management perspective, it's important to get the balance right between sustainability, equity and the economy; luckily, Glide has lots of experience in supporting you in finding the right solutions for your Block.
The word sustainable has many meanings; we see it as a way of creating healthy and thriving buildings which are future-proofed for not only this generation of residents but the next, too.
Creating a sustainable block or even upgrading an existing building doesn't need to be complex. There are many simple solutions which will make significant improvements for the people who live there and, of course, support the economic outlay of freeholders.
Simple but effective solutions include:
- Introducing LED lighting
- Providing recycling solutions in partnership with local authorities
- Simplifying communications to residents by using digital technology.
- Introducing secure cycle stores
- Rainwater harvesting
- Reducing carbon dioxide and air pollution by implementing replanting schemes
- Working with local independent contractors for all maintenance works
- Implementing electric car charging points
If you are considering more complex solutions, our in-house experts can advise and deliver the following:
- Ground & Air source heat pumps
- Combined Heat & Power (CHP) Systems
- Heat Recovery Systems & Mechanical Ventilation
- Biomass fuelled heating
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels & Solar Water heating
- Green Roofs & Green Walls
- Wind Turbines
- Retrofitted insulation
- Sustainable Drainage, Water Attenuation & Natural Filtration beds
- High Performance & Recycled Building materials
- Building sensors for leak detection
- Heating sensors to ensure boiler efficiency
- Space utilisation sensors
According to The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the body is responsible for setting property valuation rules. Sustainability is a key part of the valuation process for all properties, including residential and commercial buildings. Therefore, considering a sustainable approach to your block management plan will be more important than ever when it comes to the long-term value of your investment.